Two Day Nature Retreat for Women who Completed Cancer Treatment
By Cancer Foundation on September 7 / 2017
[Cancer, Cancer Coaching, Events]
It’s called the ‘After the Bell nature retreat’ and it takes place Fri Sept 22 – Sat Sept 23 2017
The Cancer Foundation developed the two-day overnight nature retreat for women who have completed their cancer treatment. The ‘ringing of the bell’ marks the completion of active treatment and ‘After the bell’ marks the weeks and months after the treatment ends, which can be an unexpectedly challenging time for cancer survivors.
The retreat includes group coaching on coping with stress, time management, brain fog, coping with long term side effects, body image, sexuality, decision making, return to work, fear of the future, moving forward with meaning, reconciling relationships, nutrition, and the opportunity to explore fitness, yoga, art, meditation, and more.
The overnight ‘After the Bell Nature Retreat’ will take place at Elements luxury tented camp and nature spa in Renfrew. Carved out of the wilderness, they offer luxury tented camping, wholesome cuisine and unique spaces in which to relax, re-invigorate and be inspired.
Space is limited for 13 people, with a cost of 360$ per participant. Register by calling Joelle at 613-247-3527 or e-mailing her firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the form below to be contacted. (If this date or venue doesn’t suit you, we will be hosting the next “After The Bell Cancer Retreat” (no overnight stay) located at the Cancer Foundation on Alta Vista Drive. It will be offered on Friday, November 3rd and Saturday, November 4th and the cost will be 220$.)
Want more details? Here are a more details to ensure the best experience:
- Ask about carpooling! We can help coordinate rides if you are interested.
- Free parking is available on site at the main entrance.
- Each suite features a small personal safe for valuables. Larger items may be stowed with the concierge at the main reception building.
- Meals for the 2 day retreat will be provided, but you are welcome to bring snacks or beverages (alcoholic beverages are acceptable).
- Each site has its own private indoor, environmentally friendly toilet. For hot showers, we offer two, lockable shower stalls, open 24 hours. Participants may also make use of the reception building’s washrooms.
- Designated Wi-Fi hot spots such as registration and the hammock area are available.
- Solar and battery power is available. Your site includes charging points for electronics and solar lighting for evening use.
- An in-room cooler and/or ice bucket is available, supplied by your wilderness butler.
- Just bring your clothes and personal care items! Elements will provide toiletries, ice, yoga equipment, luxury house robes and umbrellas. Don’t worry about bringing firewood, either. The communal fire pit is always running and complimentary firewood is available at the ranger station and will otherwise be delivered to your tent by your wilderness butler.
- Your tent will include luxury linens on your bed and a range of environmentally friendly toiletries will be available. Hair styling tools are not provided.
Back to Blog Listing