Job Postings - Current Positions
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is committed to increasing cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario and is the only local charitable organization dedicated exclusively to cancer. Working to transform the cancer experience, the Cancer Foundation has partnered with local hospitals and service providers to ensure residents have the best possible care close to home, shorter wait times, access to the latest research and new therapies and overall improved quality of life- which includes Canada’s first Centre for Cancer Survivorship. The Centre offers “Cancer Coaching”, an innovative health service that actively engages survivors in their own health and well-being, connects them to the information and services they need to meet the challenges of their disease, improve their overall quality of life. For more information about the Cancer Foundation, please visit www.ottawacancer.ca
Volunteer, Part-Time (3 positions available)
Position: Volunteer, part-time (3 positions available)
This position reports to Vice-President, Corporate Services.
Responsible for the overall cleanliness, tidiness and functioning of the Maplesoft Centre. This includes but is not limited to:
- Stocking supplies
- Monitoring the temperature
- Filling water coolers
- Maintaining the water feature
- Completing minor repairs and installations and ensuring proper systems are up and running at the change of season (water/BBQ/Fireplace/AC)
- Disposing of equipment
- Act as back-up for removal of snow and ice throughout the winter months
- Develop a tool kit
- Monitor logs for keys
- Monitor and cleaning
- Act as Health and Safety Representative
- Maintaining the organization of storage spaces
- Moving furniture for events and special functions
- Inventory equipment
- Performs routine inspections to ensure contractor performance and property site conditions are in keeping with all company policies, procedures and quality assurance.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Property Management would be preferred.
- Experience in contract management an asset.
- Knowledge of software MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on several issues at a time.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- General knowledge of building systems, construction practices and related code/legislative requirements would be an asset.
Given that the position needs to be filled immediately we will begin reviewing résumés upon receipt. Please send your résumé no later than March 20th at 5 p.m. indicating the position of interest “Volunteer -Custodian/Facilities Coordinator” in the subject line.
The recruitment process will include a few screening steps including but not limited to prospective candidates providing a current police records check. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by email or phone for an interview.
Please submit resume by mail, email or fax to:
Attention: Samantha Webster, Human Resources
Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
1500 Alta Vista Dr
Ottawa, ON – K1G 3Y9