Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation located?
- How is the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation different from other cancer campaigns/organizations?
- If I make an In Memoriam donation will the family be notified?
- What are your administration/fundraising costs?
- Where can I donate my used wig?
- Where can I donate my hair to make wigs for cancer patients?
- What is the Courage Campaign?
- Where are some places cancer patients can stay when undergoing treatment in Ottawa?
- What is the Cancer Foundation's charitable registration number?
1. Where is the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation located?
The Cancer Foundation offices are located at:
1500 Alta Vista Drive
Ottawa, ON, K1G 3Y9
2. How is the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation different from other cancer campaigns/organizations?
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is the only local charitable organization dedicated exclusively to cancer, allocating the most dollars for cancer care and research in this community. The Cancer Foundation is focused on the most important issues in the field of cancer and we direct the highest possible amount of money to where it will have the greatest impact for those living in our region.
The Cancer Foundation is the voice for cancer survivorship and develops partnerships with local health care organizations and facilities to expand cancer services throughout Eastern Ontario. Expanded services enables the Cancer Foundation to fill the gaps in programs available to cancer patients and their caregivers — ensuring local residents have access to shorter wait times; new research and therapies; care close to home and overall improved quality of life.
3. If I make an In Memoriam donation will the family be notified?
Yes, provided the Cancer Foundation has been given the name and address.
4. What are your administration/fundraising costs?
Each of our programs are within the standards established by Association of Fundraising Professionals and Imagine Canada.
5. Where can I donate my gently used wig?
The Canadian Cancer Society accepts gently used wigs. They can be dropped off at the Woodward office:
1745 Woodward Drive
Phone: (613) 723-1744
6. Where can I donate my hair to make wigs for cancer patients?
There are a number of local salons that accept hair donations — some are partnered with other organizations that send the hair to various parts of Canada and the United States.
A Child's Voice Foundation
Angel Hair for Kids
3034 Palstan Road, Ste. 301
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Y 2Z6
Minimum length: 12 inches (30cm), no processing, preferably braided
Hair for Kids Program, c/o Continental Hair
92 1/2 Avenue Road-
Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2H2
Minimum length: 10 inches (25cm), minimal processing acceptable
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
c/o Archway Marketing Services
P. O.Box 434
2110 Kipling Avenue
Etobicoke Station B, ON M9W 5L4
Minimum length: 8 inches.
Locks of Love
234 Southern Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Minimum length: 10 inches
Wigs for Kids
24231 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, Ohio 44145
Minimum length: 12 inches
7. What is the Courage Campaign?
The Cancer Foundation's Courage Campaign is our community's leading cancer fundraising team. Phase One of the Campaign raised $20.5 million for cancer care and research in our community. In 2009, Phase Two of the Courage Campaign was launched with a goal of reaching $50 million.
8. Where are some places cancer patients can stay when undergoing treatment in Ottawa?
There are a number of options for places to stay:
Maurice Grimes Lodge — 613.725.6328 Ext. 10355
Ronald McDonald House — 613.737.5523
Rotel — 1.800.267.4700 or 613.733.1412
9. What is the Cancer Foundation's charitable registration number?
89831 1170 RR 0001