Celebrity Chef's Club
Ongoing through 2011!
Some of the region’s most influential people are opening the doors to their homes to host unique fundraising dinner parties in support the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. The Celebrity Chefs Club is an innovative new approach to fundraising matching local philanthropists with some of the region’s top chefs.
What is the Celebrity Chefs Club for Cancer Survivorship:
- These are a series of private dinner parties that run through 2011. Hosts invite their network of family and friends to raise awareness and funds for the new Wellspring Ottawa. This format is an intimate setting to help attract leaders in our community and unite them in the fight against cancer.
- Each guest pays $1,000 per person – with all the proceeds going to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation – for the development of Survivorship Care programming at the MAPLESOFT Centre.
- All Celebrity Chef Club hosts, guests and chefs are all members of the Cancer Foundation’s Survivorship Champions Circle
How do the dinners work?
- Once a host has agreed to host a dinner party for the Celebrity Chefs Club for Cancer Survivorship they meet with Cancer Foundation staff to go over the event – select a date & location. Note: location doesn’t have to be at their home, can be at a business, boat, cottage, etc.
- The Cancer Foundation matches a Celebrity Chef with a host – and they design a menu that caters to the hosts requirements
- The host forwards the guest list to the Cancer Foundation – and the Cancer Foundation sends out personalized invites to all guests. The invites were designed and donated by Character Creative.
- The Big Event: the chef provides all the food and wine for the evening. The Cancer Foundation matches a local florist with the dinner party as well to provide ambiance.
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in organizing your own dinner party for the Celebrity Chefs Club for Cancer Survivorship please contact Mary Ann MacIntosh | Vice-President, Corporate and Community Engagement at the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
613.247.3527 Ext. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Cancer Foundation's NEW Survivorship Centre please visit the Wellspring Ottawa Microsite.