The Supper Club
After the growing success of our newly introduced Celebrity Chefs Club, The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is pleased to introduce another chapter, The Supper Club. We are inviting you to host a dinner party in support of Cancer Survivorship. Large or small parties can help make a difference. Join the Cancer Foundation’s Supper Club and raise vital funds for Wellspring Ottawa – Eastern Ontario’s first Cancer Survivorship Centre.
What is the Supper Club for Cancer Survivorship?
- These are of dinner parties that run throughout the year. Hosts invite their network of family and friends to raise awareness and funds for the new Cancer Survivorship Centre. This format is an intimate setting to help attract and unite our community in the fight against cancer.
- Each guest pays a set price (determined by host) per person – with all the proceeds going to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation – in support of programming at the MAPLESOFT Centre.
How do the dinners work?
- Once a host has agreed to host a dinner party and be a part of the Supper Club for Cancer Survivorship they contact the Cancer Foundation staff to go over the event – select a date & location. Note: location doesn’t have to be at their home, can be at a business, boat, cottage, etc.
- The Cancer Foundation will provide a Supper Club “toolkit” to help ensure that your evening is a success. This will include: FAQs, Sample recipes filled with cancer-fighting foods, sample invitations and information about the Cancer Foundation and the Cancer Survivorship Centre.
- The host determines guests, menu and sends out invitations. (Samples are provided in Supper Club toolkit).
- The Big Event: the host provides all the food and beverage for the evening. Each guest makes a donation in the amount set by the host. Guests will receive a charitable tax receipt for the full donation amount and a thank you letter from the Cancer Foundation.
- After the event, the host will provide a list with each guests’ coordinates as well as their individual donation amount.
- Hosts will be recognized for their leadership in hosting a Supper Club fundraiser.
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in organizing your own dinner party for the Supper Club for Cancer Survivorship please contact the Cancer Foundation at 613.247.3527 Ext. 224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Cancer Foundation's new Cancer Survivorship Centre please visit our website