With a gift of residual interest, you can donate your personal or real property to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation today and continue to use it for the rest of your life (or a term of years).
Personal property can include artwork, manuscripts, books, musical instruments and other tangible objects. Real property can include land and buildings.
Considerations regarding a gift of residual interest:
- You can make a major donation while continuing to enjoy your personal or real property.
- You receive an immediate charitable tax receipt. The receipt amount is based on the anticipated number of years you retain a life interest in the property, current fair market value and a discounted rate.
- Gifts of residual interest may be retained for use by the Cancer Foundation or liquidated to provide support to the Cancer Foundation.
- If your charitable receipt exceeds the standard 75% of your net income, you can carry the excess tax credit forward for up to five years.
- You can support a Cancer Foundation priority that meets your interest, such as research, clinical trials or Cancer Coaching.
To make a gift annuity, or for more information, please contact:
Marianne Loken, Director of Development
613-247-3527 ext. 263, firstname.lastname@example.org