Every two hours, someone in our community is diagnosed with cancer.
Each year in Eastern Ontario:
- 6,000 new cancer cases are diagnosed.
- 30,000 people in our community are undergoing cancer treatment.
- There are more than 3,000 cancer surgeries.
- There are more than 27,000 chemotherapy visits.
- There are more than 70,000 radiation treatments.
At the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation, we are changing the cancer experience for local families. We are investing in state-of-the-art research and clinical trials, and empowering cancer survivors each and every day through the delivery of Cancer Coaching. Cancer Coaching is an important health and social care service that gives those who are facing cancer the opportunity to sit down with a trained professional who can help them design strategies to overcome their fears and frustrations about cancer.
We know that as cancer evolves, so too does a patient’s needs, and the current healthcare model often leaves many of these needs unmet. But with support from the community, we are changing that – and helping more local families access the very best cancer care available, right here at home.
Join us. Be a Cancer Champion and help make a difference in our community.