Position Profile: Chief Executive Officer
Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is the voice for cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario. Our mission is to help people living with cancer by providing local residents with increased access to person-centered care through the delivery of the Cancer Coaching Health and Social Care Service, innovative cancer research and a world-class clinical trials program.
In 2020, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is celebrating its 25th anniversary. The Cancer Foundation is incredibly proud of what we have accomplished in our community, thanks to the generosity of our donors. We have listened to the needs of cancer patients and their families, along with oncologists and researchers – and have worked tirelessly to ensure local families have access to the very best care, right here at home. We have remained steadfast in our resolve to ensure cancer care and research continue to be a top priority year-round in our community.
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is currently recruiting its next Chief Executive Officer. We’re searching for a proven strategic and operational leader who will drive the Foundation’s growth and evolution, ensuring the continued provision of exceptional care to those touched by cancer within our community, and ensuring the organization’s future relevance, credibility, and viability in accordance to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
Leadership and Strategic Management
- Initiate the annual strategic planning process and works with the leadership team to craft the strategic plan and participate with the Board in developing a vision and plan to guide the organization forward.
- Translate the strategy to an actionable plan, developing and executing on the annual business plan and operating budget operationalizing the strategic plan consistent with the vision.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization, including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls and priorities are in place.
- Monitor and identify trends in areas of non-profit, philanthropy, cancer care and coaching and provide direction for appropriate corporate responses
- Responsible for people and talent management including the hiring, engagement and retention of key talent within the organization.
Partnership and Fund Development
- Serve as chief spokesperson for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
- Identify and proactively initiate public relations, community participation and involvement to raise the level of visibility and enhance the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation’s brand and image on local and regional levels.
- Develop and implement effective fundraising strategies to meet revenue goals.
- Build strong relationships with key funders and donors, participating in all aspects of the donor cycle.
- Collaborate with the Chair and Governance Committee to cultivate, recruit, and retain board members.
- Develop by-laws, policies, and procedures for the governance of the organization and direct staff’s implementation of those policies.
- Recommend for Board approval the establishment and membership of standing committees and taskforces of the Board.
The Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Strategic thinker who is able to assess options and forge a clear direction based on the trends and conditions of the environment and the vision and values of the organization.
- Strong record of creating innovative fund development initiatives, both traditional and non-traditional, that have generated increased revenue for an organization.
- Capacity to draw upon extensive personal and professional networks to build impactful relationships with partners, the community, and donors.
- Excited and passionate about their role as “Chief Fundraiser” to support the organization as the voice for cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario.
- An outstanding communicator, in English and French, with a voice that inspires passion and commitment from staff, potential donors and the community.
- Intentional about Diversity, Inclusion and creating a sense of belongingness for the team and the clients that the Foundation services throughout all programming.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with experience not only owning P&L, but also driving organization’s accountability and efficiency through restructuring and systematic measurement and management.
- Proven success working with a Board of Directors leading a charitable, nonprofit organization.
- Passionate about research, innovation, and community engagement in the healthcare system.
- A compassionate and sophisticated understanding of the cancer journey and its impact on patients, families, researchers and doctors.
- High integrity and transparency with the proven ability to lead and innovate within uncertain times.
For more information or to apply please contact : Todd Luckasavitch – firstname.lastname@example.org.