Feeling grumpy, tired, or irritable in the morning? You may be feeling this way because you didn’t eat breakfast. By the time you wake up in the morning, your body may have gone without food for 8 hours or more. It makes sense to refuel your body so you can start your day off on the right foot! We know that breakfast eaters have more energy to focus on their work throughout the day and have higher essential nutrient intakes.
Check out my favourite recipe to start your morning off right!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 very ripe medium banana, peeled
- 1 ½ cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add olive oil to heated pan and spoon pancake batter into separate pancakes on the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Enjoy with natural almond butter and fresh berries.