Coming July 2018: The 2018 Big Rig Brewery presents HOPE Volleyball SummerFest! Taking place on Saturday, July 14th, at Mooney’s Bay Beach, up to 20,000 attendees will be cheering on 10,000 players as they serve up their support for six different local charities, including the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation!
This will be the 36th edition of HOPE Volleyball, combining exciting recreational volleyball with live music for a truly memorable weekend. To date, HOPE’s has put the FUN in fundraising for years and has raised over $3.5 million in support of over 110 local charities. If you are interested in supporting or volunteering for the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hopehelps.com to find out more!
Volunteer Information: Change Lives by Giving Time
We are in need of 50 volunteers on Saturday, July 14th. All volunteers must sign in on the day of the event in order for their shift to count!
Please note that the shift times outlined below are tentative. Exact shift times will be confirmed closer to the event date. Each volunteer will receive training/orientation; a unique Big Rig Brewery presents HOPE Volleyball SummerFest volunteer shirt; lunch or dinner (depending on shift time); a parking pass for the volunteer parking lot; and an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation party. Children 15 year must be accompanied by parent and 16 can be without – no age younger than 15 can volunteer.
Volunteer Areas and Roles
a) Gate Admission Sales
Volunteers will work in teams at one of three gate entrances into the Beverage Gardens. Activities and responsibilities include:
• Sell admission bracelets and exchange valid tickets for admission bracelets.
• Handle cash and provide change; provide refunds (at HOT Lounge)
• Verify acceptable age of majority identification and apply “ID” bracelets to patrons’ wrists
*For this area, volunteers should be comfortable in dealing with the public, being in large crowds, and handling cash.
b) Bicycle Compound Monitors
Volunteers will work within the large bicycle compound area. Activities and responsibilities include:
• Greet cyclists upon arrival: escorting them to the bicycle storage area, assist in the parking of bicycles, issue a claim ticket, and collect a small fee
• Survey the compound and watch over the bicycles
• Greet the cyclists upon departure; match the cyclist’s claim ticket with the bicycle to reclaim
• Help with the tear down of the bike compound from 6:00-7:00 pm as patrons are coming to pick up their bicycles.
*For this area, volunteers will have access to a tent and chairs while waiting to serve bicycle patrons. Note – a member of the HOPE Planning Team will be onsite the entire day to oversee operations and the collection of fees
c) Site Maintenance Bar – Beach
Volunteers will work in pairs (register with a friend!) Activities and responsibilities include:
• Clean up the beach and parkland by picking up refuse and cans for recycling
• Monitor garbage cans situated throughout the site.
• Clean up in the VIP area or beer garden may be required (volunteers must be a minimum of 19 years old in the bar areas)
• other site maintenance duties as may be assigned by the Logistics or Greening Committees
*For this area, volunteers are recommended to wear closed toe shoes.
Back to Events