The Multi-Faith and Meditation Suite is space in the Healing Corner of the Cancer Foundation’s Maplesoft Centre. It is available to all Cancer Foundation clients from any religion or spirituality and for those looking to find peace. It provides a relaxing environment for prayer, meditation, and quiet reflection.
You can book the Suite in advance:
- To ensure your privacy,
- To meet with a small group of other clients or with your personal family/friends,
- To provide a space for you and your Cancer Coach to meet, or
- To provide a space to meet with a spiritual or religious leader from your community.
Some key features of the Suite include:
- There is a shoe rack and hooks in the room. Before using the room, please remove any footwear that has been worn outdoors.
- There are washing tubs in both the men’s and women’s washrooms on the lower level; they can be found in the accessible shower stall.
- The cupboard has a variety of texts, and spiritual or religious supplies that are there for you to use. Please note that these items cannot leave the Suite.
- There are a number of battery operated candles in the cupboards that can be used.
- There are meditation cushions, bolsters, and yoga mats in the room.
For clients wishing to do a smudging or pipe ceremony, or who wish to light a qulliq, please connect with us so that we can make the appropriate arrangements with you.
To book the Multi-Faith & Meditation Suite, please call 613-247-3527.