I would not be exagerating if I told you this bread got devoured within the hour it came out of the oven! Dangerously delicious (yes, it’s still a dessert), but healthier than most desserts and totally kid friendly (they won’t know there is zucchini in this loaf!)
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 cup whole wheat flour
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ cup avocado oil
⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 ½ x 4 ½-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place shredded zucchini on a clean dish towel or some paper towels to absorb some of the liquid. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk the oil, yogurt, eggs, honey and vanilla together until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool bread completely in pan on a wire rack.