These egg cups are a delicious protein and vegetable-packed breakfast for your busy mornings!
½ tbsp olive oil
½ medium yellow onion, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
½ cup diced mushrooms
1 ½ cups baby spinach, chopped
10 large eggs
¼ cup milk of choice
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sauté onion and red pepper in olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent. Add the mushrooms and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Divide the sautéed vegetables evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, pepper and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Fill each muffin tin about ¾ way full with egg mixture, pouring over the vegetables.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set and start to puff up in the tin.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then remove from tin with a butter knife.
- Store in fridge for about 5 days or freeze for up to 3-4 months.
- To warm, pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds and enjoy. If you are heating them from frozen, they will require extra time.