1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 lb extra-lean ground chicken
¼ cup milk
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup large flake oats
⅓ cup onion, chopped
1 tsp Italian herb blend (no salt added)
½ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
¼ tsp chili flakes
1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and membrane found in the centre of both halves.
- Brush the inside flesh of each half with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place on baking sheet flesh side facing down and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a fork to gently pull at the squash flesh.
- While the squash is baking, mix the meatball ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Form into 1 inch balls and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium-heated large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and add the meatballs to the saucepan, cooking for 15 minutes until the meatballs have browned. Flip the meatballs occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Add in the tomatoes, chili flakes, and basil. Stir the mixture and bring to a boil.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the temperature to low, cover the pan and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with baked spaghetti squash.
Watch the Video!