About the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation:
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is the voice for cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario.
The Cancer Foundation is a leader in our community in providing local residents with increased access to person-centered care through the delivery of the Cancer Coaching health and social care service, innovative cancer research and a world-class clinical trials program.
For more information please visit www.ottawacancer.ca.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This includes but is not limited to:
- Arriving at 4:30pm on the evening of your shift.
- Reviewing which group programs are running that evening.
- Ensuring that the entrance, foyer, hallways and rooms to be used are clean and ready to receive groups.
- When clients begin arriving, greet everyone, be engaging with the clients.
- Ensure each visitor to the building attending a group signs in to provide accurate information as to the number of visitors in the centre.
- Ensure each client finds the appropriate group/service they are here for.
- Ensure clients here to see a coach are assisted in connecting with their coach.
- Instruct clients on the safe use of the sauna, if applicable.
- Providing information regarding the Maplesoft Centre and the Cancer Coaching Services.
- Clearly writing down messages or questions you are unable to answer, or that are directed specifically to Cancer Foundation staff members with the Client’s contact information and leaving them at the Front Desk.
- Ensuring that the entrance, foyer, hallways and rooms used by groups are clean after programming.
- During winter months, ensuring that the fireplace is turned off before leaving.
- During the summer months, ensuring that windows are all closed before leaving.
- Locking up the Maplesoft Centre and setting the alarm.
Please send you application via email to email@example.com, clearly stating the position you are applying to volunteer to.