Almost every hour, someone in our community is diagnosed with cancer.
Each year in Eastern Ontario:
- 8,000 new cancer cases are diagnosed.
- 30,000 people in our community are undergoing cancer treatment.
- There are more than 3,000 cancer surgeries.
- There are more than 27,000 chemotherapy visits.
- There are more than 70,000 radiation treatments.
We are investing in state-of-the-art research and clinical trials, and empowering cancer survivors each and every day through the delivery of the Community Cancer Hub. The Hub is a one-stop portal for cancer patients in Eastern Ontario and their families. It provides practical information about non-medical services in a patient’s own community to help them, and their families, through various stages of their disease.
We know that as cancer evolves, so too does a patient’s needs, and the current healthcare model often leaves many of these needs unmet. But with support from the community, we are changing that – and helping more local families access the very best cancer care available, right here at home.
Join us. Be a Cancer Champion and help make a difference in our community.